Group Projects: Think outside the box! Work together in small groups of 2-4 to discuss these problems and answer any specific questions. Hand in one set of answers with all of your names.
Individual Quizzes: Review and master recent material. Work individually to answer these short answer and essay questions. You may use your notes.
|DAY||DATE||PROJECTS & QUIZZES|
|M||June 30||Project 1 : Folk Psychology|
|T||July 1||NO QUIZ|
|Th||July 3||Project 2 : Atlas of Cross Sections|
|F||July 4||NO QUIZ|
|M||July 7||Project 3 : Hypothalamus & Pituitary|
|T||July 8||Quiz 1 : Hypothalamus|
|Th||July 10||Project 4 : Cerebral Cortex|
|F||July 11||Quiz 2 : Cerebral Cortex|
|M||July 14||Project 5|
|T||July 15||Quiz 3|
|Th||July 17||Project 6|
|F||July 18||Quiz 4|
|M||July 21||Project 7|
|T||July 22||Quiz 5|
|Th||July 24||Project 8|
|F||July 25||Quiz 6|
|M||July 28||Project 9|
|Th||July 31||Project 10|
|F||August 1||NO QUIZ|
ContactLocation: Dunning 205
Meetings: MTThF 10:00 AM-12:30 PM
Instructor: Edward Hedgecock
Phone (office): (410) 516-8761 Phone (lab): (410) 516-8381
Email: emh at jhu.edu
- About this Class
- Projects & Quizzes
- Project 01 : Folk Psychology
- Project 02 : Atlas of Cross Sections
- Project 03 : Hypothalamus & Pituitary
- Project 04 : Cerebral Cortex
- Project 05 : Thalamus
- Project 06 : Basal Ganglia
- Project 07 : Limbic System
- Project 08 : Gross Neuroanatomy
- Project 09 : Atlas of Nissl Sections
- Project 10 : ISH Database
- Quiz 01 : Hypothalamus, Pituitary & ANS [Bear 15 & 16]
- Quiz 02 : Cerebral Cortex [Bear 7; Lecture 6]
- Quiz 03 : Thalamus
- Quiz 04 : Basal Ganglia
- Quiz 05 : Brain Control of Movement [Bear 14; Lecture 9]
- Quiz 06 : Cerebellum [Bear 14, 25]
- Films & Demos
- Term Paper
Brain AtlasesUseful links to neuroanatomy and gene expression maps of mouse and human brain are found under Brain Atlases.
Password 020312 opens a collection of Neuroscience Images under Study Aides.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Consorting with big science
- A touching tale: point sensor or pattern detector?
- Promoting FOS to an enhanced position
- Axons hooked to Schwann cell metabolism
- Practice makes perfect
- A two-way street
- Motivational activation: a unifying hypothesis of orexin/hypocretin function
- Reward and motivation in pain and pain relief
- 'Silent' mitral cells dominate odor responses in the olfactory bulb of awake mice
- Neural compensation in older people with brain amyloid-β deposition
- Damage to dorsolateral prefrontal cortex affects tradeoffs between honesty and self-interest
- Mutual antagonism between Sox10 and NFIA regulates diversification of glial lineages and glioma subtypes
- Genome-wide identification and characterization of functional neuronal activity–dependent enhancers
- Activity-dependent regulation of astrocyte GAT levels during synaptogenesis
- Metabolic regulator LKB1 is crucial for Schwann cell–mediated axon maintenance
- Reversal of theta rhythm flow through intact hippocampal circuits
- Gamma-range synchronization of fast-spiking interneurons can enhance detection of tactile stimuli
- Perceptual training continuously refines neuronal population codes in primary visual cortex
- Image familiarization sharpens response dynamics of neurons in inferotemporal cortex
- Encoding and decoding in parietal cortex during sensorimotor decision-making
- Sleep: Let sleeping worms lie
- Sleep: Asleep but aware
- Depression: Mood food
- Learning and memory: Epigenetic exchange mechanisms
- Neurodegeneration: Active astrocytes drive inflammation
- Glia: Schwann cells provide life support for axons
- Gene therapy: Going from strength to strength
- Synaptic plasticity: Timing is everything
- Neural circuits: Grooming's innate, innit?
- Neurotransmission: Transmission takes two
- Learning and memory: The left–right divide
- Neural circuits: Getting colder
- Perception: A decisive response
- Learning and memory: Actively compensating
- Neuromuscular synaptogenesis: coordinating partners with multiple functions
- The role of orexin in motivated behaviours
- Time cells in the hippocampus: a new dimension for mapping memories
- Expectation in perceptual decision making: neural and computational mechanisms
- Early phytocannabinoid chemistry to endocannabinoids and beyond
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Minimizing interference with early consolidation boosts 7-day retention in amnesic patients.
- APOE and spatial navigation in amnestic MCI: Results from a computer-based test.
- Long-term spacing effect benefits in developmental amnesia: Case experiments in rehabilitation.
- Cognitive correlates of metamemory in Alzheimer’s disease.
- In search of the disappeared half of it: 35 years of studies on representational neglect.
- Impaired awareness of deficits in individuals with neuropsychiatric symptoms after acquired brain injury: Associations with treatment motivation and depressive symptoms.
- A meta-analysis of cognitive impairment following adult cancer chemotherapy.
- Simulating category learning and set shifting deficits in patients weight-restored from anorexia nervosa.
- Cognitive performance in high-altitude Andean residents compared with low-altitude populations: From childhood to older age.
- Allocentric but not egocentric orientation is impaired during normal aging: An ERP study.
- Bottom-up and top-down processes in body representation: A study of brain-damaged and amputee patients.
- Inhibition during early adolescence predicts alcohol and marijuana use by late adolescence.
- Neuroimaging of executive function in survivors of pediatric brain tumors and healthy controls.
- Cognitive factors underpinning poor expressive communication skills after traumatic brain injury: Theory of mind or executive function?
- Heterogeneous ability profiles may be a unique indicator of impending cognitive decline.
- Structure induction in diagnostic causal reasoning.
- Functional architectures and structured flows on manifolds: A dynamical framework for motor behavior.
- Opponent actor learning (OpAL): Modeling interactive effects of striatal dopamine on reinforcement learning and choice incentive.
- On motivational readiness.
- Integrating reinforcement learning, equilibrium points, and minimum variance to understand the development of reaching: A computational model.
- The Ising Decision Maker: A binary stochastic network for choice response time.
- Surprisingly rational: Probability theory plus noise explains biases in judgment.
- A dynamic Thurstonian item response theory of motive expression in the picture story exercise: Solving the internal consistency paradox of the PSE.
- From perception to preference and on to inference: An approach–avoidance analysis of thresholds.
- Explaining compound generalization in associative and causal learning through rational principles of dimensional generalization.
- Similarity as a function of semantic distance and amount of knowledge.