Group Projects: Think outside the box! Work together in small groups of 2-4 to discuss these problems and answer any specific questions. Hand in one set of answers with all of your names.
Individual Quizzes: Review and master recent material. Work individually to answer these short answer and essay questions. You may use your notes.
|DAY||DATE||PROJECTS & QUIZZES|
|M||June 30||Project 1 : Folk Psychology|
|T||July 1||NO QUIZ|
|Th||July 3||Project 2 : Atlas of Cross Sections|
|F||July 4||NO QUIZ|
|M||July 7||Project 3 : Hypothalamus & Pituitary|
|T||July 8||Quiz 1 : Hypothalamus|
|Th||July 10||Project 4 : Cerebral Cortex|
|F||July 11||Quiz 2 : Cerebral Cortex|
|M||July 14||Project 5|
|T||July 15||Quiz 3|
|Th||July 17||Project 6|
|F||July 18||Quiz 4|
|M||July 21||Project 7|
|T||July 22||Quiz 5|
|Th||July 24||Project 8|
|F||July 25||Quiz 6|
|M||July 28||Project 9|
|Th||July 31||Project 10|
|F||August 1||NO QUIZ|
ContactLocation: Dunning 205
Meetings: MTThF 10:00 AM-12:30 PM
Instructor: Edward Hedgecock
Phone (office): (410) 516-8761 Phone (lab): (410) 516-8381
Email: emh at jhu.edu
- About this Class
- Projects & Quizzes
- Project 01 : Folk Psychology
- Project 02 : Atlas of Cross Sections
- Project 03 : Hypothalamus & Pituitary
- Project 04 : Cerebral Cortex
- Project 05 : Thalamus
- Project 06 : Basal Ganglia
- Project 07 : Limbic System
- Project 08 : Gross Neuroanatomy
- Project 09 : Atlas of Nissl Sections
- Project 10 : ISH Database
- Quiz 01 : Hypothalamus, Pituitary & ANS [Bear 15 & 16]
- Quiz 02 : Cerebral Cortex [Bear 7; Lecture 6]
- Quiz 03 : Thalamus
- Quiz 04 : Basal Ganglia
- Quiz 05 : Brain Control of Movement [Bear 14; Lecture 9]
- Quiz 06 : Cerebellum [Bear 14, 25]
- Films & Demos
- Term Paper
Brain AtlasesUseful links to neuroanatomy and gene expression maps of mouse and human brain are found under Brain Atlases.
Password 020312 opens a collection of Neuroscience Images under Study Aides.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Welcome aboard!
- Genetic variation links creativity to psychiatric disorders
- Go with your gut: microbiota meet microglia
- MIR137: big impacts from small changes
- How amyloid, sleep and memory connect
- Molecular mechanisms governing Ca2+ regulation of evoked and spontaneous release
- Diversity of astrocyte functions and phenotypes in neural circuits
- Polygenic risk scores for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder predict creativity
- Experience-dependent DNA methylation regulates plasticity in the developing visual cortex
- Activin receptor signaling regulates cocaine-primed behavioral and morphological plasticity
- Excitatory transmission at thalamo-striatal synapses mediates susceptibility to social stress
- Host microbiota constantly control maturation and function of microglia in the CNS
- Central role for PICALM in amyloid-β blood-brain barrier transcytosis and clearance
- The human epilepsy mutation GABRG2(Q390X) causes chronic subunit accumulation and neurodegeneration
- Distinct circuit-dependent functions of presynaptic neurexin-3 at GABAergic and glutamatergic synapses
- The schizophrenia risk gene product miR-137 alters presynaptic plasticity
- mGluR5 in the nucleus accumbens is critical for promoting resilience to chronic stress
- A neural network that finds a naturalistic solution for the production of muscle activity
- Hand use predicts the structure of representations in sensorimotor cortex
- Representation of retrieval confidence by single neurons in the human medial temporal lobe
- Synaptic plasticity: Micro-level disruption
- Axon guidance: Setting up for seeing in slow motion
- Axon regeneration: Splicing up repair mechanisms
- Neural circuits: Pruning the projections
- Neurodegenerative disease: Expanding neurodegeneration modelling
- Depression: A receptor for resilience
- Pain: Essential gene for nociceptors
- GLIA: Feeling the pressure
- Neurophysiology: Coding motor plans
- Stress-related synaptic plasticity in the hypothalamus
- Crosstalk between the nociceptive and immune systems in host defence and disease
- The neuroscience of placebo effects: connecting context, learning and health
- Interoceptive predictions in the brain
- Rethinking segregation and integration: contributions of whole-brain modelling
- Neural mechanisms of mindfulness meditation: bridging clinical and neuroscience investigations
- Neuronal circuits for fear and anxiety
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- A comparison of adult outcomes for males compared to females following pediatric traumatic brain injury.
- Emotion perception after moderate–severe traumatic brain injury: The valence effect and the role of working memory, processing speed, and nonverbal reasoning.
- Retrospective analysis of the recovery of orientation and memory during posttraumatic amnesia.
- An exploratory study of the association of acute posttraumatic stress, depression, and pain to cognitive functioning in mild traumatic brain injury.
- Alterations in autobiographical memory for a blast event in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans with mild traumatic brain injury.
- The imagination inflation effect in healthy older adults and patients with mild Alzheimer’s disease.
- Negative social interactions and risk of mild cognitive impairment in old age.
- Phenomenological characterization of memory complaints in preclinical and prodromal Alzheimer’s disease.
- Executive functioning and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in the cognitively intact: Family history predicts Wisconsin Card Sorting Test performance.
- Differential effects of goal cues on everyday action errors in Alzheimer’s disease versus Parkinson’s disease dementia.
- Latent growth-curve analysis reveals that worsening Parkinson’s disease quality of life is driven by depression.
- Improvement of memory impairments in poststroke patients by hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Betting on DBS: Effects of subthalamic nucleus deep brain stimulation on risk taking and decision making in patients with Parkinson’s disease.
- Modulation of attentional processing by deep brain stimulation of the pedunculopontine nucleus region in patients with parkinsonian disorders.
- The BCoS cognitive profile screen: Utility and predictive value for stroke.
- Differing effects of education on cognitive decline in diverse elders with low versus high educational attainment.
- The relation between attention and tic generation in Tourette syndrome.
- An appraisal theory of empathy and other vicarious emotional experiences.
- Separating decision and encoding noise in signal detection tasks.
- Reference-dependent risk sensitivity as rational inference.
- Affixation in semantic space: Modeling morpheme meanings with compositional distributional semantics.
- A risk and maintenance model for bulimia nervosa: From impulsive action to compulsive behavior.
- George Miller’s magical number of immediate memory in retrospect: Observations on the faltering progression of science.
- Signal detection and threshold modeling of confidence-rating ROCs: A critical test with minimal assumptions.
- Random walks on semantic networks can resemble optimal foraging.
- Hidden processes in structural representations: A reply to Abbott, Austerweil, and Griffiths (2015).