Group Projects: Think outside the box! Work together in small groups of 2-4 to discuss these problems and answer any specific questions. Hand in one set of answers with all of your names.
Individual Quizzes: Review and master recent material. Work individually to answer these short answer and essay questions. You may use your notes.
|DAY||DATE||PROJECTS & QUIZZES|
|M||June 30||Project 1 : Folk Psychology|
|T||July 1||NO QUIZ|
|Th||July 3||Project 2 : Atlas of Cross Sections|
|F||July 4||NO QUIZ|
|M||July 7||Project 3 : Hypothalamus & Pituitary|
|T||July 8||Quiz 1 : Hypothalamus|
|Th||July 10||Project 4 : Cerebral Cortex|
|F||July 11||Quiz 2 : Cerebral Cortex|
|M||July 14||Project 5|
|T||July 15||Quiz 3|
|Th||July 17||Project 6|
|F||July 18||Quiz 4|
|M||July 21||Project 7|
|T||July 22||Quiz 5|
|Th||July 24||Project 8|
|F||July 25||Quiz 6|
|M||July 28||Project 9|
|Th||July 31||Project 10|
|F||August 1||NO QUIZ|
ContactLocation: Dunning 205
Meetings: MTThF 10:00 AM-12:30 PM
Instructor: Edward Hedgecock
Phone (office): (410) 516-8761 Phone (lab): (410) 516-8381
Email: emh at jhu.edu
- About this Class
- Projects & Quizzes
- Project 01 : Folk Psychology
- Project 02 : Atlas of Cross Sections
- Project 03 : Hypothalamus & Pituitary
- Project 04 : Cerebral Cortex
- Project 05 : Thalamus
- Project 06 : Basal Ganglia
- Project 07 : Limbic System
- Project 08 : Gross Neuroanatomy
- Project 09 : Atlas of Nissl Sections
- Project 10 : ISH Database
- Quiz 01 : Hypothalamus, Pituitary & ANS [Bear 15 & 16]
- Quiz 02 : Cerebral Cortex [Bear 7; Lecture 6]
- Quiz 03 : Thalamus
- Quiz 04 : Basal Ganglia
- Quiz 05 : Brain Control of Movement [Bear 14; Lecture 9]
- Quiz 06 : Cerebellum [Bear 14, 25]
- Films & Demos
- Term Paper
Brain AtlasesUseful links to neuroanatomy and gene expression maps of mouse and human brain are found under Brain Atlases.
Password 020312 opens a collection of Neuroscience Images under Study Aides.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Transcriptional architecture of the human brain
- Does the hippocampus preplay memories?
- Thalamus controls recurrent cortical dynamics
- Backward reasoning the formation rules
- The PsychENCODE project
- Dendritic integration: 60 years of progress
- Latent tri-lineage potential of adult hippocampal neural stem cells revealed by Nf1 inactivation
- Decreased amyloid-β and increased neuronal hyperactivity by immunotherapy in Alzheimer's models
- Sensory uncertainty decoded from visual cortex predicts behavior
- Mutations in NONO lead to syndromic intellectual disability and inhibitory synaptic defects
- GDF10 is a signal for axonal sprouting and functional recovery after stroke
- G9a is essential for epigenetic silencing of K+ channel genes in acute-to-chronic pain transition
- Piezo2 is the principal mechanotransduction channel for proprioception
- Midbrain dopamine neurons bidirectionally regulate CA3-CA1 synaptic drive
- Trajectory events across hippocampal place cells require previous experience
- Neuronal activity is not required for the initial formation and maturation of visual selectivity
- Distinct recurrent versus afferent dynamics in cortical visual processing
- Climbing fibers encode a temporal-difference prediction error during cerebellar learning in mice
- Inferring learning rules from distributions of firing rates in cortical neurons
- The neuronal basis of fear generalization in humans
- Neurodegenerative disease: The plot thickens
- Microglia: Tau distributors
- Psychiatric disorders: Modelling lithium responsiveness in a dish
- Learning and memory: Influences from above on memory
- Sleep: Dissecting sleep circuits
- Modelling: First 'Blue Brain' results
- Brain–machine interfaces: Creating a sensation
- Neural circuits: Consumption control
- The endocannabinoid system in guarding against fear, anxiety and stress
- A fronto–striato–subthalamic–pallidal network for goal-directed and habitual inhibition
- Contrast coding in the electrosensory system: parallels with visual computation
- Packet-based communication in the cortex
- A new mechanism of nervous system plasticity: activity-dependent myelination
- Neural networks in the future of neuroscience research
- On testing neural network models
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Cognitive factors contributing to spelling performance in children with prenatal alcohol exposure.
- Neuropsychological performance in adolescent marijuana users with co-occurring alcohol use: A three-year longitudinal study.
- Probabilistic category learning in developmental dyslexia: Evidence from feedback and paired-associate weather prediction tasks.
- Movement cues aid face recognition in developmental prosopagnosia.
- Neurocognitive predictors of mathematical processing in school-aged children with spina bifida and their typically developing peers: Attention, working memory, and fine motor skills.
- Functional MRI reveals different response inhibition between adults and children with ADHD.
- Beating their chests: University students with ADHD demonstrate greater attentional abilities on an inattentional blindness paradigm.
- Lack of global precedence and global-to-local interference without local processing deficit: A robust finding in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder under different visual angles of the Navon task.
- Deficits in auditory processing contribute to impairments in vocal affect recognition in autism spectrum disorders: A MEG study.
- Habitual prospective memory in HIV disease.
- Increased neurocognitive intra-individual variability is associated with declines in medication adherence in HIV-infected adults.
- Delay discounting is greater among drug users seropositive for hepatitis C but not HIV.
- Discounting of future rewards in behavioural variant frontotemporal dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Absence of practice effects in preclinical Alzheimer’s disease.
- Multivariate clustering of progression profiles reveals different depression patterns in prodromal Huntington disease.
- Spontaneous activity in the precuneus predicts individual differences in verbal fluency in cognitively normal elderly.
- The impact of subjective cognitive decline on Iowa Gambling Task performance.
- Contraversive neglect? A modulation of visuospatial neglect in association with contraversive pushing.
- Intact information sampling in mesial temporal lobe epilepsy.
- Bayesian hierarchical grouping: Perceptual grouping as mixture estimation.
- The rocky road from attitudes to behaviors: Charting the goal systemic course of actions.
- Reliance on small samples, the wavy recency effect, and similarity-based learning.
- Transactive goal dynamics.
- Rehearsal in serial recall: An unworkable solution to the nonexistent problem of decay.
- An improved probabilistic account of counterfactual reasoning.
- Titrating decision processes in the mental rotation task.
- Model flexibility analysis.
- Impaired integration in psychopathy: A unified theory of psychopathic dysfunction.
- A joint model of word segmentation and meaning acquisition through cross-situational learning.
- Sequential processes and the shapes of reaction time distributions.
- Examining the mechanisms underlying contextual preference reversal: Comment on Trueblood, Brown, and Heathcote (2014).
- The fragile nature of contextual preference reversals: Reply to Tsetsos, Chater, and Usher (2015).