Group Projects: Think outside the box! Work together in small groups of 2-4 to discuss these problems and answer any specific questions. Hand in one set of answers with all of your names.
Individual Quizzes: Review and master recent material. Work individually to answer these short answer and essay questions. You may use your notes.
|DAY||DATE||PROJECTS & QUIZZES|
|M||June 30||Project 1 : Folk Psychology|
|T||July 1||NO QUIZ|
|Th||July 3||Project 2 : Atlas of Cross Sections|
|F||July 4||NO QUIZ|
|M||July 7||Project 3 : Hypothalamus & Pituitary|
|T||July 8||Quiz 1 : Hypothalamus|
|Th||July 10||Project 4 : Cerebral Cortex|
|F||July 11||Quiz 2 : Cerebral Cortex|
|M||July 14||Project 5|
|T||July 15||Quiz 3|
|Th||July 17||Project 6|
|F||July 18||Quiz 4|
|M||July 21||Project 7|
|T||July 22||Quiz 5|
|Th||July 24||Project 8|
|F||July 25||Quiz 6|
|M||July 28||Project 9|
|Th||July 31||Project 10|
|F||August 1||NO QUIZ|
ContactLocation: Dunning 205
Meetings: MTThF 10:00 AM-12:30 PM
Instructor: Edward Hedgecock
Phone (office): (410) 516-8761 Phone (lab): (410) 516-8381
Email: emh at jhu.edu
- About this Class
- Projects & Quizzes
- Project 01 : Folk Psychology
- Project 02 : Atlas of Cross Sections
- Project 03 : Hypothalamus & Pituitary
- Project 04 : Cerebral Cortex
- Project 05 : Thalamus
- Project 06 : Basal Ganglia
- Project 07 : Limbic System
- Project 08 : Gross Neuroanatomy
- Project 09 : Atlas of Nissl Sections
- Project 10 : ISH Database
- Quiz 01 : Hypothalamus, Pituitary & ANS [Bear 15 & 16]
- Quiz 02 : Cerebral Cortex [Bear 7; Lecture 6]
- Quiz 03 : Thalamus
- Quiz 04 : Basal Ganglia
- Quiz 05 : Brain Control of Movement [Bear 14; Lecture 9]
- Quiz 06 : Cerebellum [Bear 14, 25]
- Films & Demos
- Term Paper
Brain AtlasesUseful links to neuroanatomy and gene expression maps of mouse and human brain are found under Brain Atlases.
Password 020312 opens a collection of Neuroscience Images under Study Aides.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Exome sequencing uncovers hidden pathways in familial and sporadic ALS
- Stem cells: slow and steady wins the race
- Strength in more than numbers
- Divide and conquer: strategic decision areas
- Good vibrations with deep brain stimulation
- The cost of brain structure
- What the orbitofrontal cortex does not do
- Synaptic vesicle release regulates myelin sheath number of individual oligodendrocytes in vivo
- Haploinsufficiency of TBK1 causes familial ALS and fronto-temporal dementia
- Single-cell analysis reveals transcriptional heterogeneity of neural progenitors in human cortex
- Regulation of chromatin accessibility and Zic binding at enhancers in the developing cerebellum
- Slowly dividing neural progenitors are an embryonic origin of adult neural stem cells
- A coding-independent function of an alternative Ube3a transcript during neuronal development
- GABAergic regulation of cerebellar NG2 cell development is altered in perinatal white matter injury
- Neuronal activity biases axon selection for myelination in vivo
- Brain feminization requires active repression of masculinization via DNA methylation
- Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 regulates transport of ITPR1 mRNA for synaptic plasticity
- Ca2+ signaling in astrocytes from Ip3r2−/− mice in brain slices and during startle responses in vivo
- Synaptic diversity enables temporal coding of coincident multisensory inputs in single neurons
- Mesopontine median raphe regulates hippocampal ripple oscillation and memory consolidation
- Computational neuroscience: Population coupling
- Myelination: An active process
- Gene expression: Converging pathways
- Behavioural neuroscience: Picking up the pups
- Glia: Diffusible danger
- Neurodegeneration: Neurodegeneration takes its TOLL
- Cognitive neuroscience: Gridlock
- Glia: The devil in the detail
- Neural circuits: Pain or pleasure?
- Neuronal circuits for fear and anxiety
- Epigenetic and transgenerational reprogramming of brain development
- Compromised autophagy and neurodegenerative diseases
- Immune attack: the role of inflammation in Alzheimer disease
- Astrocyte barriers to neurotoxic inflammation
- Weeding out bad waves: towards selective cannabinoid circuit control in epilepsy
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Residual decline in cognition after adjustment for common neuropathologic conditions.
- The δ latent dementia phenotype in the uniform data set: Cross-validation and extension.
- Impaired information sampling in mild dementia of Alzheimer’s type but not in healthy aging.
- Alzheimer disease biomarkers, attentional control, and semantic memory retrieval: Synergistic and mediational effects of biomarkers on a sensitive cognitive measure in non-demented older adults.
- Association of the apolipoprotein E genotype with memory performance and executive functioning in cognitively intact elderly.
- ApoE and pulse pressure interactively influence level and change in the aging of episodic memory: Protective effects among ε2 carriers.
- Is radical-by-radical reading strategy effective for Chinese pure alexia? A case study.
- The role of the occipital face area in holistic processing involved in face detection and discrimination: A tDCS study.
- Stimulus-dependent modulation of visual neglect in a touch-screen cancellation task.
- Anosognosia for hemiplegia: The contributory role of right inferior frontal gyrus.
- Correction to Renzi et al. (2014).
- Task-related electroencephalographic deviances in adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Everyday executive function impairments predict comorbid psychopathology in autism spectrum and attention deficit hyperactivity disorders.
- A late-emerging auditory deficit in autism.
- Functional and structural indices of empathy: Evidence for self-orientation as a neuropsychological foundation of empathy.
- Examining the frontal subcortical brain vulnerability hypothesis in children with neurofibromatosis type 1: Are T2-weighted hyperintensities related to executive dysfunction?
- Characterization and prediction of theory of mind disorders in temporal lobe epilepsy.
- The posteromedial region of the default mode network shows attenuated task-induced deactivation in psychopathic prisoners.
- Inhibitory control in mind and brain 2.0: Blocked-input models of saccadic countermanding.
- Robust speech perception: Recognize the familiar, generalize to the similar, and adapt to the novel.
- A complementary processes account of the development of childhood amnesia and a personal past.
- The time window of multisensory integration: Relating reaction times and judgments of temporal order.
- Solution of the comparator theory of associative learning.
- Sources of interference in item and associative recognition memory.
- Informing cognitive abstractions through neuroimaging: The neural drift diffusion model.
- Expanding the scope of memory search: Modeling intralist and interlist effects in free recall.
- Risk attitudes in a changing environment: An evolutionary model of the fourfold pattern of risk preferences.
- Slow down and remember to remember! A delay theory of prospective memory costs.