Group Projects: Think outside the box! Work together in small groups of 2-4 to discuss these problems and answer any specific questions. Hand in one set of answers with all of your names.
Individual Quizzes: Review and master recent material. Work individually to answer these short answer and essay questions. You may use your notes.
|DAY||DATE||PROJECTS & QUIZZES|
|M||June 30||Project 1 : Folk Psychology|
|T||July 1||NO QUIZ|
|Th||July 3||Project 2 : Atlas of Cross Sections|
|F||July 4||NO QUIZ|
|M||July 7||Project 3 : Hypothalamus & Pituitary|
|T||July 8||Quiz 1 : Hypothalamus|
|Th||July 10||Project 4 : Cerebral Cortex|
|F||July 11||Quiz 2 : Cerebral Cortex|
|M||July 14||Project 5|
|T||July 15||Quiz 3|
|Th||July 17||Project 6|
|F||July 18||Quiz 4|
|M||July 21||Project 7|
|T||July 22||Quiz 5|
|Th||July 24||Project 8|
|F||July 25||Quiz 6|
|M||July 28||Project 9|
|Th||July 31||Project 10|
|F||August 1||NO QUIZ|
ContactLocation: Dunning 205
Meetings: MTThF 10:00 AM-12:30 PM
Instructor: Edward Hedgecock
Phone (office): (410) 516-8761 Phone (lab): (410) 516-8381
Email: emh at jhu.edu
- About this Class
- Projects & Quizzes
- Project 01 : Folk Psychology
- Project 02 : Atlas of Cross Sections
- Project 03 : Hypothalamus & Pituitary
- Project 04 : Cerebral Cortex
- Project 05 : Thalamus
- Project 06 : Basal Ganglia
- Project 07 : Limbic System
- Project 08 : Gross Neuroanatomy
- Project 09 : Atlas of Nissl Sections
- Project 10 : ISH Database
- Quiz 01 : Hypothalamus, Pituitary & ANS [Bear 15 & 16]
- Quiz 02 : Cerebral Cortex [Bear 7; Lecture 6]
- Quiz 03 : Thalamus
- Quiz 04 : Basal Ganglia
- Quiz 05 : Brain Control of Movement [Bear 14; Lecture 9]
- Quiz 06 : Cerebellum [Bear 14, 25]
- Films & Demos
- Term Paper
Brain AtlasesUseful links to neuroanatomy and gene expression maps of mouse and human brain are found under Brain Atlases.
Password 020312 opens a collection of Neuroscience Images under Study Aides.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Sex, drugs and pain control
- The binding solution?
- Removing synaptic brakes on learning
- Reassessing VMPFC: full of confidence?
- The RNAs of ALS
- Common circuit design in fly and mammalian motion vision
- Nuclear pore complex remodeling by p75NTR cleavage controls TGF-β signaling and astrocyte functions
- Different immune cells mediate mechanical pain hypersensitivity in male and female mice
- Identification of a Vav2-dependent mechanism for GDNF/Ret control of mesolimbic DAT trafficking
- The role of ventral striatal cAMP signaling in stress-induced behaviors
- Pathway-specific reorganization of projection neurons in somatosensory cortex during learning
- Subtype-specific plasticity of inhibitory circuits in motor cortex during motor learning
- Learning enhances the relative impact of top-down processing in the visual cortex
- The medial entorhinal cortex is necessary for temporal organization of hippocampal neuronal activity
- Conjunctive input processing drives feature selectivity in hippocampal CA1 neurons
- Retrosplenial cortex maps the conjunction of internal and external spaces
- Human representation of visuo-motor uncertainty as mixtures of orthogonal basis distributions
- Automatic integration of confidence in the brain valuation signal
- Coexpression networks identify brain region–specific enhancer RNAs in the human brain
- Distinct brain transcriptome profiles in C9orf72-associated and sporadic ALS
- Neuronal circuits: Connecting to innate knowledge
- Sleep: Don't forget
- Neuroendocrinology: More nutritious than delicious
- Neurodegenerative disease: Impeding deposition
- Decision making: Flow charting
- Depression: Happy memories modulate mood
- Neurotransmission: Waking up and down
- Navigation: Magnetosensing neurons
- Neuroimmunology: Adding insult to allergy
- Development and functions of the choroid plexus–cerebrospinal fluid system
- Neurogliaform cells in cortical circuits
- Immune mediators in the brain and peripheral tissues in autism spectrum disorder
- From the neuron doctrine to neural networks
- Is birth a critical period in the pathogenesis of autism spectrum disorders?
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- A comparison of adult outcomes for males compared to females following pediatric traumatic brain injury.
- Emotion perception after moderate–severe traumatic brain injury: The valence effect and the role of working memory, processing speed, and nonverbal reasoning.
- Retrospective analysis of the recovery of orientation and memory during posttraumatic amnesia.
- An exploratory study of the association of acute posttraumatic stress, depression, and pain to cognitive functioning in mild traumatic brain injury.
- Alterations in autobiographical memory for a blast event in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans with mild traumatic brain injury.
- The imagination inflation effect in healthy older adults and patients with mild Alzheimer’s disease.
- Negative social interactions and risk of mild cognitive impairment in old age.
- Phenomenological characterization of memory complaints in preclinical and prodromal Alzheimer’s disease.
- Executive functioning and risk for Alzheimer’s disease in the cognitively intact: Family history predicts Wisconsin Card Sorting Test performance.
- Differential effects of goal cues on everyday action errors in Alzheimer’s disease versus Parkinson’s disease dementia.
- Latent growth-curve analysis reveals that worsening Parkinson’s disease quality of life is driven by depression.
- Improvement of memory impairments in poststroke patients by hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Betting on DBS: Effects of subthalamic nucleus deep brain stimulation on risk taking and decision making in patients with Parkinson’s disease.
- Modulation of attentional processing by deep brain stimulation of the pedunculopontine nucleus region in patients with parkinsonian disorders.
- The BCoS cognitive profile screen: Utility and predictive value for stroke.
- Differing effects of education on cognitive decline in diverse elders with low versus high educational attainment.
- The relation between attention and tic generation in Tourette syndrome.
- An appraisal theory of empathy and other vicarious emotional experiences.
- Separating decision and encoding noise in signal detection tasks.
- Reference-dependent risk sensitivity as rational inference.
- Affixation in semantic space: Modeling morpheme meanings with compositional distributional semantics.
- A risk and maintenance model for bulimia nervosa: From impulsive action to compulsive behavior.
- George Miller’s magical number of immediate memory in retrospect: Observations on the faltering progression of science.
- Signal detection and threshold modeling of confidence-rating ROCs: A critical test with minimal assumptions.
- Random walks on semantic networks can resemble optimal foraging.
- Hidden processes in structural representations: A reply to Abbott, Austerweil, and Griffiths (2015).